9.09.2011

Pink-B-Gone!




We just finished painting the exterior of our house this past labor day weekend!  My parents came over to help and we got it all done in 3 days.  We trimmed trees, cut bushes back, mowed, edged, power washed, caulked, primed spots, painted and cleaned up in a whirlwind.  It helps having a team to do it simultaneously!


before:
[photo from when we bought the house a year and a half ago before re-doing the driveway & front patio]
after:

Matt using our awesome new paint sprayer:
[honestly, best investment ever! We got the grey paint done in one day with only one coat!]
the pink is slowly fading away!


It was at this point in painting the orange around the window that I realized my neighbors are going to think I'm crazy.  Oh well.  I didn't want to paint the door orange because I hate our door and don't want to draw more attention to it.  It seemed the window was a better option for bright color to center the house visually.  It is definitely cohesive with the interior of our house now!

before:

after:

before:
after:

before:
after:

Instead of putting our house numbers back on the exterior shingles individually, I decided it would be easier to read the numbers when it's dark if they were attached to an orange piece of wood!  I just drilled holes in the wood and thread screws from behind into the back of the numbers.  Rather than having screws and bolts showing on the front to attach the wood to the house, I just put hooks on the back of the wood and hung it on the siding from behind.


Woo hoo!  One more project down...  many many more to go.

 

PRODUCTS:
[furniture from World Market, rug from Grandinroad, metal planters from cb2, exterior light, numbers, & mailbox from Lowe's


to see my original post on the front driveway/patio/landscaping click HERE



2 comments:

Kelley said...

Wow! That looks awesome! Love it. i would never think to do grey and orange on the exterior of a house but it looks so cool! Way to go friend :)

Austin & Terri said...

Love it!!! You are so creative. I like the orange with the K-State purple flag :) Go State!!