8.31.2011

Bathroom Quick-fix

I'd been wanting to get these shelves from IKEA for over a year now, but unfortunately we don't have a store in Kansas City.  Finally, when I was in Fort Worth recently, I went by IKEA and grabbed some!


These are the shiny white 7.5" deep EKBY TONY shelves that fit into the EKBY BJÄRNUM brackets.  You cut the shelves to the length you want and then the brackets hide the cut edge.  I cut mine to be 2 ft. long over the toilet to add much-needed storage for guest towels.

[i used fabric samples layered inside the picture frame to add my colors and pattern to the space]

before:                                                    after:

Before, I only had one towel bar for guests to dry their hands AND hang their bath towels from.  Now I have the bar for their bath towels PLUS the shelves for extra bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.


I also hung three hooks on the wall behind the door for my husband and my bath towels... plus an extra! ;)


TIP: by repeating the dark brown stain of the sink basin in the wood vase and willow branches and keeping the other colors (white and green) consistent it makes the small room feel more organized and simplified. 


It's amazing what two little shelves can do for such a small bathroom!

To see the full transformation of this bathroom and to find out more about the other products used, click HERE!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love it! Hey where did you get your white frame at? I've been looking for those!

kara said...

I got the frame at either ikea or target? can't remember.

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice said...

What did you use to cut the shelf?

Lida Swisher said...

Sweet. The shelves add a lot to the overall look and structure of the bathroom, making it more purposeful and, well, lived. It's really the little tweaks and shifts that count. It's what would compensate for the problematic areas of, say, a room by how it reorients the overall bathroom set-up to be more responsive to the user.

Lida @ Waddle Exteriors