9.11.2011

Modern Redux




 If you haven't picked up your 2011 September issue of Kansas City SPACES magazine yet - GO GET IT!
My friend Valerie's home is featured in a 10 page spread this month.


She decided to fully remodel her Old Leawood home to her clean, simple, modern taste in planning on staying there for a long time.  Life and family dynamics changing caused her home to be THE place for extended family get-togethers and holiday celebrations.  She wanted her home to easily satisfy entertaining needs and large groups of people with an intimate setting.  She did it fabulously!

[please forgive my photography of the page layouts - go get the real thing; it's better!]



[my personal fave- her custom sideboard in the dining room.  I have to admit at times when she had a hard time making a decision- she'd call me for my opinion or advice, and the sideboard was my HANDS-DOWN favorite thing to help her decide on.  She used the wood grain formica vertically with a white back-painted piece of glass on top]



Our friend, Jeff Hanson's canvas collection titled "Cabo in Chrome" is featured in the first photo in the Lounge area of Valerie's home.


Check out more of Jeff's inspiring art and philanthropic events by clicking these links:


Go read the article if you want to find out what companies were used and where products are from.

No comments: