12.08.2011

Christmas Gathering

Matt & I recently hosted a small Christmas get-together.  I knew I wanted to make it a really simple/easy party without much planning or difficulty.  Usually I go all-out with decor, food, plans, details, etc... like at our annual Oktoberfest party.  This time, I wasn't sure how many people would be able to make it so I kept it simple.  I provided a couple of things and other people brought some extra snacks and drinks.


The main thing I did was create a cute hot chocolate bar!


I "heated" milk in the old crock-pot [I say it in quotes since that thing took forever to heat up- totally from the 70's], added the hot chocolate, provided a few liqueurs if people wanted to add that in, and some little sweets to adorn your mug.



The embellishments included candy canes for stirring a pepperminty flavor into your drink,


Mocha Pirouettes for a swizzle stick or just to munch on,


Regular mini marshmallows, and gingerbread men marshmallows for some seasonal flavor!
and dark chocolate chips if you like it extra chocolatey!


Of course, there were a few other drink options including wine, scotch, and the wintery mix of gin and tonic [I like to add lime juice]


Just a couple pictures of everyone having a good time playing pool, chatting, and playing some Rock Band!





This is a great article I found with tips for hosting a party your guests will be sure to enjoy:
[Main point: RELAX! Have fun at your own party.  If you're stressed your guests will be stressed, if you're enjoying yourself your guests will enjoy themselves too!]

hostess.jpg

No comments: