10.30.2011

Oktoberfest Party


 This was our 3rd year to host our annual OKTOBERFEST!

 2009                           2010                            2011

Here are some of the details from the night:

You can't have an Oktoberfest without the "traditional" German clothing: Lederhosen & Drindl's!
[I use "traditional" lightly since our costumes are from a Halloween store]
 

We hung German city/region flags we've collected over the years from the ceiling to get that Bavarian brew haus vibe!


Old and new southern Germany region maps, postcards, and flags on the wall

My customized restroom sign

The cardboard cut-out I painted for fun photo ops!

I just love the dachshund with a pretzel in his mouth!


No Oktoberfest is complete without German Brews!

Your pick of authentic german steins, mugs, & glasses

We called many local Liquor stores to make sure we could get German beer in mini 5-liter kegs!
Gomer's on 99th & Holmes was the place to go.

German weight-training:

 Authentic German coasters we collected during our travels abroad were scattered all over

The FOOD:


Matt grilled various types of bratwurst on the grill, served with homemade brat buns from the bakery at Hen House- my favorite!

We had sauerkraut, ketchup, mustards, onions, and pickles for toppings
[it was actually my first time ever eating sauerkraut- I know, I'm a horrible german!]

Pretzel dipping station:
Soft pretzels and pumpernickel pretzel sticks were served with Horseradish mustard, Boulevard Pale Ale mustard, honey apple butter, and hot cheese dip in the crockpot(gruyere, peppadew, gouda, cream cheese, white wine)

 Dips were labeled using little ceramic labels you write on with a marker for cheeses that I stuck into slits I cut in mini-pumpkins instead.

There was also:
bacon-wrapped weenies cooked in brown sugar
brat pieces cooked in a beer/mustard/curry sauce
J. Alexander's Mac 'n cheese (my new favorite!)
apples with caramel sauce
popcorn balls
chocolate cupcakes
various cheese and crackers & wrapped baked brie
pumpkin spiced latte's
spiced apple cider
and black licorice!


As a hostess, you have to make sure you enjoy your own party, and at this party - fun was had by all!

PROST!




2 comments:

Austin & Terri said...

That looks like so much fun!! Sorry I crashed when I got home from the football game. Silly pregnancy taking all my energy...I'm glad Austin was able to make it...wish I could have been there!

Kelley said...

that looks so fun!! makes me want to be in kc to join :) yes, i did just invite myself ;)